Scientist I, Biology
Location: Florida, Experience: 3 years, Type: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director Biology
Vaxxinity is a clinical-stage immunotherapeutic company formed through the combination of COVAXX and United Neuroscience, two independent subsidiaries of United Biomedical (one of the leading vaccine companies in the world consisting of seven operating entities). Led by a female CEO, in an informal values-driven start-up culture, Vaxxinity will control half a dozen development candidates targeting neurologic disorders, hypercholesterolemia and COVID-19. Vaxxinity is currently pre-selling and ramping up production and distribution for hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccines.
You will collaborate with a group of inspiring colleagues all over the globe who are working on disruptive projects, solving big problems and having a huge impact on the world. Vaxxinity is an international company, operating remotely from day one across several countries and team members worldwide. Expect to grow, expect to be challenged, and expect the unexpected as we embark on this journey of democratizing health for all the world’s citizens.
Vaxxinity has several opportunities for “hands on” Scientist I who have the skills and curiosity to contribute to drug discovery efforts focused on preventing and treating neurological and/or cardiovascular disorders. The ideal candidates will demonstrate a strong scientific expertise in biology and/or immunology, vaccine development and the ability to work independently to design and execute effective research workflows. Experimental studies will be conducted either internally or through external research partners.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in biology, neuroscience, or a relevant biology field.
- At least 3 years of relevant drug discovery experience in industry is preferred.
- Must demonstrate a strong skillset using immunoassays (western blot, dot blot, ELISA, EIA, Elispot, IHC, multiplex, Immunoglobulin purification, flow cytometry), antibody affinity characterization using SPR or BLI, cell based assays and other immunological tools.
- A strong background in the drug product development and/or biomarker development.
- Must show a strong commitment to deliver high quality clinical candidates in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, creative, and able to work in a hands-on manner within multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong data analysis skills and proficiency with statistical analysis tools.
- Must have excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishments and the ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in vaccine discovery research for neurological disorders is required.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- MS Office Suite, Google Suite, technology savvy
- Clever, flexible and resourceful -- must be able to work independently and know when/how to ask for help.
- Highly motivated, a “roll-up-your sleeves” attitude to work requirements, able to multi-task and meet rigorous timelines.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills including ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills in a wide array of situational settings from c-level interaction to core team members, imparting both vision and execution focus; deep analytical skill sets with a synthetic mindset.
- Proven high level capability to concisely communicate complex and controversial issues and drive to resolution.
- Demonstrated capability and passion for developing talent and a culture of innovation, collaboration and engagement.
- Humility and the belief you can make the world a better place is highly desired.
- Be science-driven.
- Communicate clearly, openly and respectfully.
- Unite in teams and collaborations.
- Learn and help others learn.
- Act with integrity
- Get sh*t done.