Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist
Location: Remote, Experience: 5+ years, Type: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Director Support Operations
Vaxxinity is a clinical-stage immunotherapeutic company formed through the combination of COVAXX and United Neuroscience, two independent subsidiaries of United Biomedical (one of the leading vaccine companies in the world consisting of seven operating entities). Led by a female CEO, in an informal values-driven start-up culture, Vaxxinity will control half a dozen development candidates targeting neurologic disorders, hypercholesterolemia and COVID-19. Vaxxinity is currently pre-selling and ramping up production and distribution for hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccines.
You will collaborate with a group of inspiring colleagues all over the globe who are working on disruptive projects, solving big problems and having a huge impact on the world. Vaxxinity is an international company, operating remotely from day one across several countries and team members worldwide. Expect to grow, expect to be challenged, and expect the unexpected as we embark on this journey of democratizing health for all the world’s citizens.
We are searching for a polished, smart, passionate, caring, self-motivated Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist. The ideal candidate brings wisdom, enthusiasm, integrity, focus and perspective to the role and will maintain essential technical resources that our growing company needs. This person will take responsibility for a significant number of core applications and infrastructure pieces, wear many hats and gain exposure to an exciting cutting-edge industry. We are a young a fluid organization looking for someone to join the team that is building the foundation necessary to move to the next level. This is an outstanding opportunity for career development with many exciting dynamics.
Responsibilities (duties are not limited to the below and may evolve over time depending on business needs and individual expertise)
- Responsible for the provisioning of user accounts and services as well as the distribution/recovery of company devices
- Responsible for the constant monitoring of devices, applications and resources, generating regular reports on utilization and performing regular maintenance and capacity planning
- Build a functional role driven by metrics focused on both employee satisfaction and policy/procedure adherence
- Support the IT Team on the annual budget process, license allocation reviews, and efforts for overall cost effectiveness
- Create, maintain, and update documentation as it relates to system configurations, processes, and user records
- Coordinate regularly with other functional teams (e.g. HR, Administration, Legal, etc.) to revise procedures in our evolving environment
- Provide direct support for internal VIP’s
- Take lead in emergencies – secure assets, minimize disruption, identify problems
- Ensure data and applications are protected against known dangers, proactively minimizing risks to the company’s IT infrastructure
- Work with other IT team members on executing project, from simple to very complex
- Collaborate on the overall long-term roadmap, helping identify issues and research solutions
- Provides off-hour support and communication as needed
- Serve as occasional back-up to other IT team members
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience training
- 5+ years in IT implementation, administration and/or support
- Preferred: Experience in both smaller and larger company environments
- Strong references
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong knowledge of Google Workspace, Okta, Zoom, Slack and other common SaaS infrastructure tools and applications
- Working knowledge of Azure AD/Intune and desktop support in both Mac and Windows environments
- Deep experience with email: Gmail and client configurations, MX records, Mimecast management, etc.
- Familiarity with WordPress and domain name management
- Working knowledge of physical office infrastructure (network installation, routers, firewalls, AP configuration, etc.)
- Fanatical support for operational security protocols with a keen awareness of potential threats
- Strong interest in new technologies and a willingness to learn what’s needed to put them in place
- Responsive work style with an “always on” attitude
- Calm demeanor even during stressful situations (yet who also moves with urgency).
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships with vendors
- Solid team player who operates with transparency and understands that details are important
- Excellent written communication skills and able to make a polite and professional impression
- Able to work with discretion and diplomacy
- Able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- MS Office Suite, Google Suite, technology savvy
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills including ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills in a wide array of situational settings from c-level interaction to core team members, imparting both vision and execution focus; deep analytical skill sets with a synthetic mindset.
- Proven high level capability to concisely communicate complex and controversial issues and drive to resolution.
- Demonstrated capability and passion for developing talent and a culture of innovation, collaboration and engagement.
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work.
- Ability to give what it takes: demanding hours, with scheduling flexibility, with a start-up attitude of intense dedication.
- Humility and the belief you can make the world a better place is highly desired.
- Be science-driven
- Communicate clearly, openly and respectfully
- Unite in teams and collaborations
- Learn and help others learn
- Act with integrity
- Get sh*t done