Senior Director Portfolio Project Management
Location: Remote, Experience: 15+ years, Type: Full-time Exempt
Vaxxinity is a clinical-stage immunotherapeutic company formed through the combination of COVAXX and United Neuroscience, two independent subsidiaries of United Biomedical (one of the leading vaccine companies in the world consisting of seven operating entities). Led by a female CEO, in an informal values-driven start-up culture, Vaxxinity will control half a dozen development candidates targeting neurologic disorders, hypercholesterolemia and COVID-19. Vaxxinity is currently pre-selling and ramping up production and distribution for hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccines.
You will collaborate with a group of inspiring colleagues all over the globe who are working on disruptive projects, solving big problems and having a huge impact on the world. Vaxxinity is an international company, operating remotely from day one across several countries and team members worldwide. Expect to grow, expect to be challenged, and expect the unexpected as we embark on this journey of democratizing health for all the world’s citizens.
We are searching for a polished, smart, passionate, caring, self-motivated Senior Director Portfolio Project Management. Reporting to the VP of Program & Portfolio Management, the Director, Program Management will help develop strategic plans to advance our candidates in clinical development which include prophylactic vaccine candidates against COVID-19 as well as therapeutic vaccines against Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and other chronic conditions.
A strong candidate will bring expertise in drug development and a proven track record of high-quality strategic decision making. We are looking for a results-driven leader who can champion a vision and roadmap and is not afraid to dig into the details with the front-line team. The person filling this role will have exposure to an experienced team working on high impact programs alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world in an informal values-driven start-up culture.
- Lead the development and implementation of cross-functional program plans, goals, budgets and priorities to advance pipeline candidates from discovery through approval.
- Work with internal experts as well as advisors to the Company, to develop roadmaps to ensure the company’s programs and strategy to license vaccines are implemented on time and on budget
- Partner with functional stakeholders to proactively identify strategies to accelerate program deliverables
- Set objectives, manage the cross-functional development program teams, develop schedules, milestones, dashboards, action items, and track deliverables against timelines. Coordinate these activities with functional level project and operations manager inputs (Clinical, Regulatory, CMC, Pre-clinical, BioAnalytical).
- Manage risk assessment, risk registers, and risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure oversight and guide program teams on governance for project approvals.
- Collaborate with alliance management to maintain productive and healthy strategic partnerships.
- Some travel may be required for face-to-face interactions and team building events
Education / Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s or a Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience; Science degree preferred.
- 15+ years of work experience in drug research and development in the biopharmaceutical industry with 10+ years in program management
- High-level knowledge in biologics drug development processes across all stages, with proven material contribution to development of at least one licensed therapeutic.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- MS Office Suite, Google Suite, technology savvy
- Clever, flexible and resourceful -- must be able to work independently and know when/how to ask for help.
- Ability to stay calm, cool, and focused in stressful times and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Highly motivated, a “roll-up-your sleeves” attitude to work requirements, able to multi-task and meet rigorous timelines.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills including ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills in a wide array of situational settings from c-level interaction to core team members, imparting both vision and execution focus; deep analytical skill sets with a synthetic mindset.
- Demonstrated capability and passion for developing talent and a culture of innovation, collaboration and engagement.
- A strong team player who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work.
- Ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, across geographies, and bring teams to agreement.
- Strong interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others across the company.
- Humility and the belief you can make the world a better place is highly desired.
- Be science-driven.
- Communicate clearly, openly and respectfully.
- Unite in teams and collaborations.
- Learn and help others learn.
- Act with integrity.
- Get sh*t done.